SD State Historical Society Membership
As a member of the South Dakota State Historical Society, you can support the Society's important mission of interpreting, preserving and transmitting the unique heritage of South Dakota.
Basic Membership benefits include:
- Free admission to the Museum at the South Dakota Cultural Heritage Center.
- A 10% discount at the Heritage Stores at the CHC and State Capitol, the SDHS Press and the State Archives.
- A subscription to South Dakota History, the Society's award-winning quarterly journal.
- A subscription to "History Notes," the Society's semi-annual newsletter.
- Invitations to special events and exhibit openings.
- E-Mail updates on Society happenings.
All Bronze-and-Above Memberships include all the benefits of a Basic Membership, plus:
- Free admission to the Museum for you and your guests
- A listing on the Honor Roll of donor members in the Cultural Heritage Center Lobby
- and, an Affiliate membership in the Smithsonian Institution
Diamond (annual gift of $2,500 or more) Benefits below plus a coupon to purchase a Sterling Silver Horse Effigy pin at a 50% price discount in the initial year.
Platinum (annual gift of $1,000-$2,499) Benefits below plus a coupon to purchase an Annual Recognition gift at a 50% price discount.
Gold (annual gift of $500-$999) Benefits below plus a coupon to purchase the "Book of the Year" as published by the South Dakota Historical Society Press at a 50% price discount.
Silver (annual gift of $300-$499) Benefits above.
Bronze (annual gift of $125-$299) Benefits above.
How to Join
Fill in the pdf version of the membership form.
Make checks payable to: SD State Historical Society
Mail it with your check or money order to:Membership
900 Governors Drive
Pierre, SD 57501-2217
To pay with Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover, please include your card number, expiration date, and the three or four-digit code located on the back of your card. You can also purchase a membership over the phone using one of the above credit cards. Call (605) 773-3458.