SD State Historical Society Membership
As a member of the South Dakota State Historical Society, you can support the Society's important mission of interpreting, preserving and transmitting the unique heritage of South Dakota.ALL MEMBERS RECEIVE
- Free admission to the Museum at the South Dakota Cultural Heritage Center.
- 10% discount on Archival services.
- 10% discount on Historical Society Press publications.
- 10% discount on purchases at the Heritage Stores at the Cultural Heritage Center, State Capitol or online at www.sdhsf.org/store
- A subscription to South Dakota History, the Society's award-winning quarterly journal.
- A subscription to "History Notes," the Society's semi-annual newsletter.
- Invitations to events and exhibit openings.
- E-Mail updates on Society happenings.
Additional benefits for Bronze and Silver Members:
- Free admission to the Museum in the Cultural Heritage Center for you and your guests.
- Invitations to special events and programs.
- Affiliate membership in the Smithsonian Institution, which includes a one-year subscription to Smithsonian Magazine, free admission to Smithsonian Affiliate Reciprocal Member Institutions, a 10% discount on Smithsonian Folkways Recordings, and travel and study tour opportunities from Smithsonian Journeys.
- A listing on the Honor Roll of donor members in the Cultural Heritage Center Lobby.
Additional benefits for Gold Members:
- Benefits above plus a coupon to purchase the "Book of the Year" as published by the South Dakota Historical Society Press at a 50% price discount.
Additional benefits for Platinum Members:
- Benefits above plus a coupon to purchase a special Heritage Store product at a 50% price discount.
Additional benefits for Diamond Members:
- Benefits above plus a coupon to purchase a Sterling Silver Horse Effigy pin at a 50% price discount in the initial year.
The Internal Revenue Service has determined that all but $50 of your membership fee is tax deductible. Your corporation or business may participate in a cultural matching gifts program. Contact your personnel department for details.
3 Ways to Join
- 1. Complete the online membership form below, or
- 2. Click here to download the membership form and mail to us, or
- 3. Phone in your order and use a Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover card. Call Jeff Mammenga, membership coordinator, at (605)773-3458.
If you have membership questions, call Jeff Mammenga at (605)773-3458 or email Jeff.Mammenga@state.sd.us