SD State Historical Society Membership
As a member of the South Dakota State Historical Society, you can support the Society's important mission of interpreting, preserving and transmitting the unique heritage of South Dakota.ALL MEMBERS RECEIVE
- Free admission to the Museum at the South Dakota Cultural Heritage Center.
- 10% discount on Archival services.
- 10% discount on Historical Society Press publications.
- 10% discount on purchases at the Heritage Stores at the Cultural Heritage Center, State Capitol or online at www.sdhsf.org/store
- A subscription to South Dakota History, the Society's award-winning quarterly journal.
- A subscription to "History Notes," the Society's semi-annual newsletter.
- Invitations to events and exhibit openings.
- E-Mail updates on Society happenings.
Additional benefits for Bronze Members:
- Free admission to the Museum in the Cultural Heritage Center for you and your guests.
- Affiliate membership in the Smithsonian Institution, which includes a one-year subscription to Smithsonian Magazine, free admission to Smithsonian Affiliate Reciprocal Member Institutions, a 10% discount on Smithsonian Folkways Recordings, and travel and study tour opportunities from Smithsonian Journeys.
- A listing on the Honor Roll of donor members in the Cultural Heritage Center Lobby.
Additional benefits for Silver Members:
- Benefits above plus early access to authors & speakers at public events held by the Foundation.
Additional benefits for Gold Members:
- Benefits above plus a personal shopper who will make recommendations for holiday, birthday and anniversary gifts from the South Dakota Heritage Store.
Additional benefits for Platinum Members:
- Benefits above plus one free hour of research by a State Archives staff member.
Additional benefits for Diamond Members:
- Benefits above plus tickets and VIP seating for two guests to the Governor's Awards for History during the South Dakota History Conference.
Additional benefits for Emerald Members:
- Benefits above plus a Cultural Heritage Center private tour and lunch for up to four guests with the Director of the South Dakota State Historical Society.
The Internal Revenue Service has determined that all but $50 of your membership fee is tax deductible. Your corporation or business may participate in a cultural matching gifts program. Contact your personnel department for details.